Individual Clients and Families
Henderson & Koplik LLP advises individuals and families on private and confidential matters as follows:
- Preparation of wills and trusts
- Succession planning
- Acting as executor, trustee, protector, and escrow agent
- Formation of Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Business Trusts
- Domestic tax planning
- Offshore and international tax planning
- Domestic and international asset protection structures
- Purchase and sale of residential and commercial real estate
- Employment contracts and severance agreements
- Family Law, including: pre-nuptial agreements; separation agreements; divorce; and custody
- Worked with “black box” trader on financing agreements offered by hedge funds.
- Disposed of alleged “statutory bar” of client from the securities industry.
- Represented an individual buying a vintage race car from a seller in U.K.
- Advised on a structured investment for life insurance.
- Organized a consulting company for investment banking analyst.
- Structured an asset protection plan for a real estate entrepreneur.
- Prepared wills advance directives, health care proxies and ancillary documents for many individuals and families.
- Represented a senior employee in a discrimination and lost wage case against a public authority
- Represented a leaseholder in a multi-million dollar litigation involving conversion of apartment into European style hostel.
- Achieved a divorce in a case that had been blocked for more than two years.
- Advised software developers on elimination of non-competition agreements.
- Worked with executors to sell a multi-million dollar apartment.
- Represented trust in purchasing a multi-million dollar pied-à-terre apartment in manhattan, including preparation of an extensive board approval package.